Re: W3C Web Payments, PaySwarn and OpenTransact

Hi Melvin,
The main reason for it being implied by the URL was to push the idea of
every value within a specific OpenTransact url as being fungible, meaning a
specific kind of value. Essentially we're taking the the URL literal as
being an identifier of a particular kind of fungible asset. These don't
necessarily have to be monetary, but could be virtual goods in a game, a
SKU in a web shop or other items.

As David Nicol says the main problem is that javascript needs to be used to
pick a currency. I think that in most cases this isn't a problem as most
external payment forms are meant to be used for a purchase with a
preselected currency. However an optional 'currency' parameter could be
added to the spec if need be.

Pelle