Re: The PaySwarm Ecosystem

On 12/4/11 11:16 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> ...So, what the graph does is allow us to express a simple payment
> transaction in a way that is portable across all systems on the Web. .....
>
> Does all of that make sense?

It does, thank you.

A couple of further questions: I see that in the previous email I was
thrown in my attempt to understand by my presumption that your 'graph'
was plotting on simple two- or three-axis numerical plots -- like,
say, the rise and fall of the Dow Jones average over the last 50
years. I would have called what you showed me something else, maybe a
'chart'. But looking up the dictionary definitions, I see that 'graph'
is just as good a word for what you've showed me.

But, in order to understand better, I'll ask: does your graph that
shows the links also contain the same sort of ability to have discrete
numerical amounts between all the nodes that the Dow Jones plot does?
So that, say, there could be dozens of different types of two or three
axis plots generated in a graph that has several nodes?

And if so, is the information to make these plots derived only from
the declared information in the list of data? Or does it include
measurements of the network itself outside the declared data (such as
records of movements of the data over the network)?

And in either case, are there sub-graphs that are labelled and saved
in some way that has permanence, or are the graphs only created on the
fly each time and evaporate after their unique use is over?

I'm aware that my questions may not make sense if I haven't understood
what's happening well enough, but regardless, I had fun asking them.
:-) .

Steven Rowat