Is PaySwarm usable by individuals? (was: Is DRM in scope? ...)

On 8/27/11 10:43 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> What we should talk about, however, are certificates of authenticity
> that acknowledge that what you are about to purchase has been verified
> and is being offered by Sony Pictures, or Universal or Pixar. ...[snip]...
>
> PaySwarm absolutely does provide this certificate of authenticity
> mechanism as it is implemented today.

Agreed that this is important.

However, I note that your examples here are corporate. My use case
examples, and my interest, are in individuals selling their own work
directly; I believe this is where a true revolution in human
communication could be generated. Are you as sure of, and as committed
to, WebPayments/PaySwarm being user-friendly enough that single
individuals can make use of it? Or is there a reasonable danger that
it is going to require an expert hired on to facilitate the web
payments, so that it will only be affordable by a company?

My belief is that a W3C supported universal web-payments standard
should be targeted at least as much at individuals as at institutions;
and that people who merely 'use' the Internet (including for instance
scientists, journalists and musicians on the producer end and
purchasers of their work on the consumer end) who might have no
working knowledge of web programming languages, nor any other need for
them in their life, should find the web payments at least as
transparent to use as purchasing a widget with a credit-card is on the
web currently.

Steven