Re: "one click"

On 2016-10-03 23:41, Jeffrey Burdges wrote:

> I noticed this NYT article that couched the Payment WG's spec as being
> about "one click" :
> http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/26/business/dealbook/what-if-one-click-buying-were-internetwide.html?_r=0
>
> It's not actually possible to do one click shopping on a merchant's site
> securely.  You need interactions with the payment mediator and payment
> app.

There are other noteworthy stuff in the article as well:

  "On the security side, rather than sending along all the credit card details,
   the browser will generate a one-time payment token that will avoid leaving
   your credit card number in countless databases around the world"

The _browser_ performs tokenization?

Anders