Re: Verifiable Claims WG Proposal progresses to next stage

On 10/03/2016 05:14 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 10/03/2016 04:30 PM, Wendy Seltzer wrote:
>> This phase of review is actually with the W3C membership, after an
>> "advance notice of charter work in progress."
>> https://www.w3.org/2015/Process-20150901/#WGCharterDevelopment
>
> Thanks for the clarification, Wendy. I've started noting this in the
> communication that is going out to set expectations.
>
> Given that we've circulated this charter proposal among the AC before,
> how long to do you expect the upcoming official W3C Membership review
> period to last? I know that's difficult to predict, as W3C Membership
> feedback varies in scope, timing, and volume.

I guessed by November in the advance notice.

>> I'm preparing that notice to the membership and public now. What URL
>>  should I use to refer to the charter-in-development, as the link
>> from the VCTF info page, https://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/VCTF/
>> still goes to an older version,
>> https://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/VCTF/charter/
>
> The link has been updated to point to the latest charter, so please
> share the following link in the notice:
>
> https://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/VCTF/charter/
>
>> Shall we invite discussion on the public-webpayments-ig list or a
>> different mailing list?
>
> We asked that previous input be sent to:
>
> public-webpayments-comments@w3.org
>
> The Charter proposal has been updated accordingly. Unless the WPIG
> Chairs and Staff Contact would prefer an alternate email address, I
> suggest we re-use that one.

That works.

>>> 2. W3C Management Review (1-2 weeks)
>>
>> This will come after member comments (if any), and work with the TF
>> and membership to respond and identify potential chairs.
>
> We have three people that have volunteered to be Chairs for the work -
> Richard Varn from ETS, Matt Stone from Pearson, and Dan Burnett as an IE
> (who most recently was spec editor for WebRTC at W3C).
>
> We will discuss these suggestions at the VCTF call tomorrow. Is there
> anything else that's necessary to surface these preferences to W3M?

Thanks, W3C team (likely me) should chat with these potential chairs. If
we hear other interest in leading the work, we'd talk with those people
as well. We want to find a chairing team who can work together
effectively and find consensus among the work's stakeholders. Based on
experience, I've found it more effective to have two co-chairs, unless
there's a clear division of roles that warrants more.

--Wendy

>> Thanks for your work and for your responsiveness to questions and
>> concerns.
>
> And thank you for your engagement throughout this process and
> formulation of the notice to the W3C Membership and public. :)
>
> -- manu

Strategy Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
https://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)