Re: Open Payments Ecosystem - request for information

Hi David,

Those questions are absolutely fundamental.

I tend to agree with the pessimistic view expressed by Anders.

However, the market seems to be now at the eve of a change, and you
never can tell : will it be heaven for new players, or shall we just get
the same old story.

The important thing is that PSD2 does actually open up the pandora box,
by creating the legal basis for the newcomers. As an example of the
impact, the concept of "acquirer" is going to be redefined.

Indirectly, this make it possible to promote new products : look for
instance at the ELV (“Elektronisches Lastschrift Verfahren”) system
developped in Germany : they managed to mix the card (for
authentication) and the Direct debit (for messaging) : it was pretty
unlikely.

Authentication methods are, as well, a lever to propose new services
(for instance, if I have less security, can I propose insurance in
exchange ?)

It means that the landscape is going to get blurred, and a lot of hybrid
combinations will necessarily appear !

But this would require a thorough discussion.

Fred