Re: Lessons learned from Apple Pay

Anders,

I would note that the Web Payments Community Group did A LOT of work on
addressing the more generic problem rather than focusing upon checkout.
That work is still around, of course.  Some of it has been introduced into
the Web Payments working group via the HTTP API spec that is nearing FPWD.
The Credentials Community Group was a spin-off of that activity, and it has
also done a lot of good specification work on related topics (claims are an
essential component of commerce in may areas) [2].  I suspect you are aware
of all this, but I wanted to be sure!

So yes, there is a lot of interest in a level playing field, and a great
many people who are happy to work on that.  The standards process is
sometimes slow, and sometimes goes in an unexpected direction, but it
usually gets there in the end.  Lets work together to help make that happen.

[1] https://www.w3.org/community/webpayments/
[2] http://www.opencreds.org/specs/

--
Shane McCarron