From: Mountie Lee [mailto:mountie@paygate.net]
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2016 3:15 PM
To: Ian Jacobs
Cc: public-webpayments-ig@w3.org
Subject: [External] Re: QRCode with W3C Standard

when the qrcode image is loaded into browser context
via mediaCapture API or other way,

extract information(mostly URL) from qrcode image via browser-api.
the extracted information can be used as payment request.

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org<mailto:ij@w3.org>> wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2016, at 3:02 PM, Mountie Lee <mountie@paygate.net<mailto:mountie@paygate.net>> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> let me post to do not forget QRCode issue in W3C.
>
> in real world,
> QRCode is widely used specially in payment industries including bitcoin, payment request...
>
> anyone who have information about QRCode standardization?

Hi Mountie,

I think that QR codes are standardized at ISO. You can write a Web App today
that reads QR codes thanks to the API that gives access to the camera.

What other work is necessary for the use cases you have in mind?

Ian

--
Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org<mailto:ij@w3.org>>      http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447

--
Mountie Lee

PayGate -- Payment & Money Remittance Service

Tel : +82 2 2140 2700
E-Mail : mountie@paygate.net<mailto:mountie@paygate.net>

This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information.  If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.