RE: The Open Banking Standard (HTTP API)

A member of my team was on the working group that developed this initial Open Banking work. It's principally motivated by the need to allow for "Account Servicing Payment Service Providers" in the post-PSD2 ecosystem, but it is also something that conceivably be used by "Payment Initiation Service Providers" (PISPs). In practice, a first phase will be to allow "read-only" access to bank accounts (so balances and transaction history for example) and a subsequent phase would then allow things to be written to bank accounts (which would allow payments to be initiated).

My team and are engaged with the European Banking Authority on the new Regulatory Technical Standards on behalf of Worldpay and also as part of the European Payment Industry Federation (EPIF) and we are pushing for alignment with existing or nascent standards work like ISO 20022 and our work at the W3C.

It's going to be a long haul but as Manu says, it is directly relevant to both the IG and WG's work. It also has a bearing on the verifiable credentials activity. I'd be happy to expand on this in the relevant section of the IG's agenda.

Nick

--
Nick Telford-Reed