W3C / WPIG / PSD2 major update

From: VIGNET cyril <Cyril.VIGNET@bpce.fr>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 15:03:27 +0000
To: "Web Payments IG (public-webpayments-ig@w3.org)" <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>
CC: Frédéric Meignien <frederic.meignien@cantonconsulting.fr>
Hi All,

With help of Frédéric and following the proposal made at the last IG Telcon, here is the update of the page on PSD2 with use cases. https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/PSD2

The issues raised by the PSD2 are in the same trends with those raised on using the Credit Transfer for the API : it is no more a bilateral paradigm but a multilateral  paradigm (where traceability, integrity and multiple authentication should be consistent).

If we look at the conceptual level we could see that this new paradigm had been explored :

-          With 3DS enhancing classical card flows

-          With  BIP70 that proposes an additional flow for purchasing with Bitcoin

-          With SCAI in order to generalise the model to any payment mechanism.

I am looking forward discussing all those interesting concepts with you next Monday.

Regards

    Cyril VIGNET (cyril.vignet@bpce.fr)

    Département R&D Innovation
    BCA/Direction des Paiements Groupe
    Groupe BPCE
    50, avenue Pierre Mendès France 75201 Paris cedex 13
    Tél. : +33 1 58 40 02 34 - Port. : +33 6 22 04 08 56