Re: Verifiable Claims Telecon Minutes for 2016-04-19

On 4/19/16 10:12 AM, msporny@digitalbazaar.com wrote:
> Use cases doc is suffering from
>   lack of reviews.

I don't know if others felt the same, but I took a step back after Manu's report of what happened in the blocking/bifurcation of the Web Payments work. My own reasoning was that if this work is not going anywhere (if fully blocked by Google and MSFT, in other words) then my time would be better spent elsewhere. That's a difficult call to make though.

New explanations from this Telecon Minutes, combined with knowing about the UN identify conferences (the UNCITRAL April and the UN May) about identity, seem considerably more hopeful -- even if W3C doesn't use it, it seems like it may make its way to wherever it is most needed.

So one housekeeping question: I didn't see a link to the use-cases in the Telecon Minutes. I attempted to use links I had to get to the 'current' Use-cases draft, and got confused. I want to be sure I'm looking at the right one.

The link I had was for February 29, and it's long and I suspect has been amended:
http://opencreds.org/specs/source/use-cases/

So I clicked on the 'current draft' link at the top, and my browser complained that there was no security certificate (expired):
https://opencreds.org/specs/source/use-cases

So then I did a Google search for the use cases and got to this, April 12th:
http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/VCTF/use-cases/

Is that correct? This is the one to review?

I also know that Shane spoke of preparing (has prepared?) a separate 'extended' use-cases document. Is that also to be looked at? (And, to be clear, the one above on April 12 isn't that one?)

Steven