Re: Links for Monday WPIG agenda

On 09/11/2015 03:08 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> Thanks for the heads-up. I support a quick mention at the Monday
> call, but suggest we frame the topic so that it is more about
> bringing proposals to the new WG than about the details of this
> specific proposal.
>
> Would that work?

Yes, kind of. Refining further:

1. We have comments on the charter that sound like: "The IG doesn't
   seem to have done the work to gather technical input to the WG
   and that's a recipe for failure". This is an attempt to respond to
   those criticisms with something concrete.
2. We really need to have a handle on if what we're proposing that the
   WG work on seems like it's achievable. I think it is, but going
   through a few rough exercises and having something to point at /as a
   starting point/ helps us be more confident in the direction we're
   pointing the Web Payments WG.
3. Providing an example of what a W3C technical solution looks like
   could prompt more proposals from people that are not familiar with
   the proper balance of chicken bones, shrew hair, and river mud that
   W3C spec editors use to concoct their specifications.

I think we should cover those three items (quickly) and give folks an
opportunity to read through the document if they want. To be clear, the
three items are 1) responding to "vague technical direction" charter
criticisms, 2) ensuring that we're not proposing something that's not
achievable without great complexity, and 3) how others should provide
technical proposals as input to the Web Payments WG.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/