TPAC agenda on Web-based payment system and ISO20022 [Was: Organize a chat on account/ledger capabilities?]

> On Sep 4, 2015, at 8:01 AM, KETELS Kris <Kris.KETELS@swift.com> wrote:
>
> Adrian,
>
> I would gladly give such a presentation.
> I think it would be great to do this at TPAC. I cannot imagine a better audience to gauge how ISO 20022 could fit into this space.

Hi all,

My sense is this:

 * Lots of people talk about the importance of ISO20022 to the industry.
 * We don’t yet know whether or how it relates to Web developers or the chartered scope of the new Working Group.
 * Having Kris and Vincent is a great opportunity get a better understanding, and —if we conclude it is relevant— to
   find ways to leverage it in ways that work for web developers. This should increase overall interop.

Kris and Vincent and I chatted today and we agreed to work together on a TPAC presentation tentatively titled:

    "How a Web-based payment system could leverage ISO20022”

Here are a few draft goals for such a discussion:

 * Gain a high-level shared understanding of what ISO20022 does and doesn’t do.
 * Discuss how it relates to the Web and specifically the scope of the new Working Group (if at all).
 * If there is agreement that it is relevant, discuss how it could be leveraged (including substantive issues like vocabularies and
   operational considerations like normative references).

Kris, Vincent, and others are invited to comment on these goals and suggest others.

Thanks for the discussion, everyone!

Ian

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447