Re: Organize a chat on account/ledger capabilities?

From: Erik Anderson <eanders@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 11:23:47 -0400
To: Web Payments IG <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>
On 2015-09-03 08:19, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> Hi Evert,
>
> Good points but I think fundamentally the W3C has evolved in a world
> where developer-centric processes are favoured and ISO favours large
> organisations and governments.

Adrian, you are not correct here.

W3C has fast track status with ISO. W3C standards are dual and triple
published depending on the target audience. If financial services
adoption is required it will be dual/triple published. This process isnt
broken, it works for the intended targeted audiences.

As for ISO 20022, it is a 98% open standard. The purchased ISO 20022 has
far less usable content. IMO, the published ISO 20022 chapters is pure
filler and business process content. Everything required to implement
ISO 20022 is open and free to all.

ISO serves a very valuable role.

Erik Anderson
Bloomberg