Re: Web Payment PoC for semi-public testing

<snip>

> Well, if your target is rather creating a standard supporting
> - a defined and documented security model

Can you explain why the security model that already exists for the Web is
insufficient?

> - a simple JavaScript API

I think the existing patterns for communicating with services from client
code via HTTP and Websockets is very mature and well understood. I'm not
sure that a new API adds any value. What does it offer that can't be
achieved using the existing pattern?

> - a bidirectional channel interface using OS/process level security
> localhost schemes doesn't really match up.

I don't understand what you are saying here. A native application will
operate under the policy that is defined for it by the OS. The fact that it
exposes an HTTP interface for integrations from code running in a browser
on the same machine doesn't change that does it?

> Of course the browser vendors could make a specific "patch" to localhost
> but it will
> be equally hard to standardize as the Web2Native Bridge.  Probably even
> more difficult
> since localhost already is a standard http/web feature.

Using an HTTP service on local host doesn't strike me as requiring any
changes to anything. In fact the pattern is already widely used. What do
you think needs to be standardised?

</snip>

On 31 August 2015 at 16:02, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com