Re: Updated Web Payments Working Group Charter - Please share any concerns by 12 October

> On Oct 9, 2015, at 10:06 AM, Shane McCarron <shane@halindrome.com> wrote:
>
> Huh.  Okay - but the original text didn't say "the user agent".  Can you just paste in the new text here so I understand the change?

Old text [1]:

  "• Inter-app on mobile devices (Optional): If possible the group will standardize a delivery mechanism for payment messages between apps on a mobile device so that digital wallet apps can seamlessly interface with Websites running inside the mobile device's user agent.”

New text [2]:

 "Inter-app on mobile devices (Optional): If possible the group will Recommend a delivery mechanism for payment messages between apps on a mobile device so that digital wallet applications can seamlessly interface with Websites running inside a mobile device's user agent.”

Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/payments-wg-charter.html
[2] http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/latest/charters/payments-wg-charter.html

> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 9, 2015, at 8:31 AM, Shane McCarron <shane@halindrome.com> wrote:
> >
> > I commented on this in the call yesterday, but it must have gotten missed.  Section 3.2 last bullet reads
> >       • Inter-app on mobile devices (Optional): If possible the group will Recommend a delivery mechanism for payment messages between apps on a mobile device so that digital wallet applications can seamlessly interface with Websites running inside a mobile device's user agent.
> > I think this should say "user agents".  There can be many user agents in a mobile device.  My phone, for example, has 4 browsers in it right now.
>
> Hi Shane,
>
> To address the observation (and I agree with it) that someone may have more than one user agent,
> I made the following change globally: s/the user agent/a user agent/
>
> Ian
>
> --
> Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>      http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
> Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447
>

> --
> -Shane

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447