Re: Credentials Task Force proposal

On 11/06/2015 07:36 PM, Tony Arcieri wrote:
> On Friday, November 6, 2015, Dave Longley
> <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
>
> Yeah, I could see macaroons being used in conjunction with
> credentials.
>

> Macaroons specifically self-identify as bearer credentials in the
> paper.

Right. Macaroons are about authentication as "bearer credentials"
typically are. I meant credentials that refer to identification, which I
believe to be the primary focus of the work the task force is exploring.
We could use these credentials in conjunction with macaroon caveats
(which seems to be one of the primary use cases for caveats). In other
words, these technologies can complement each other (which is what I
believe you were alluding to, so we're in agreement).

--
Dave Longley
CTO