W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webpayments-ig@w3.org > March 2015

[use cases] Meeting minutes for 2015-03-26

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 15:49:25 -0400
Message-ID: <551462C5.60208@digitalbazaar.com>
To: Web Payments IG <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>
Meeting minutes for today's telecon are now available here:

http://www.w3.org/2015/03/26-wpay-minutes.html

------------------
Web Payments IG Use Cases Task Force
26 Mar 2015

Present: Manu, DaveR, Shane, Katie, dlehn, dlongley, Kepeng, DavidE
Chair: Manu
Scribe: DSR

Topics
1. Revised Use Cases Documents
2. Start the FPWD publication machinery

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: DavidE and ErikA and IanJ to work on publication
announcement for Use Cases FPWD.
[NEW] ACTION: Katie to review Use Cases Document by April 3rd.
[NEW] ACTION: Manu to clear publication date with W3C Comms team for Use
Cases FPWD.
[NEW] ACTION: ShaneM to review Use Cases Document by April 3rd.

<scribe> scribenick: dsr
<scribe> scribe: Dave
Manu asks for any changes to the agenda. [none heard]

Revised Use Cases Documents

<manu>
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webpayments/raw-file/default/latest/use-cases/index.html#toc
<manu> Example of "real world use cases":
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webpayments/raw-file/default/latest/use-cases/index.html#bitcoin-payment
Manu summarises what’s needed

<Kepeng> Excuse me, what is the dialing info for the call? I can't see
it on the wiki.
Manu: we want to map the phases/steps for payments to real world use cases.

<Ryladog> I dont see the bitcoin Usa case at that link
We also want to show that we are thinking about newer payment mechanisms
in addition to older ones.

Manu points to section 7.5 on bitcoin, see
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webpayments/raw-file/default/latest/use-cases/index.html#bitcoin-payment

Alipay has submitted a use case involving biometrics.

Manu asks for volunteers to cover some other use cases e.g. involving
paypal.

Other than that we need volunteers to read and review the document,
starting from early next week.

<ShaneM> I will
Katie and Shane both volunteer to act as reviewers.

Manu wants to publish mid-April. This gives us perhaps one a half weeks
to review.

and the rest to do the changes and seek publication approval

Manu proposes to ask for reviews by the end of next week.

<manu> ACTION: ShaneM to review Use Cases Document by April 3rd.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/26-wpay-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Error finding 'ShaneM'. You can review and register nicknames
at <http://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/track/users>.
<manu> ACTION: Katie to review Use Cases Document by April 3rd.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/26-wpay-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-81 - Review use cases document by april 3rd.
[on Katie Haritos-Shea - due 2015-04-02].
Start the FPWD publication machinery

We need to pick a date that the W3C Comms folks agree to.

The aim is to have the document published prior to related conferences
in late April.

The proposal is to seek publication on Thursday April 16.

<manu> PROPOSAL: Publish the Use Cases FPWD on Thursday April 16 2015 as
long as there are no large objections after the reviews of the document.
<manu> +1
<dezell> +1
<dlongley> +1
<ShaneM> +1
<dsr> +1
<Ryladog> +1
<dlehn> +1
Kepeng: my colleague added a biometric use case on the wiki, how can we
handle that?

Manu: my assumption is to integrate it into the use cases document.

I will translate it into the new format.

Manu: it will go into section 6.3. I need to figure out the details.

<Kepeng> +1
<manu> RESOLVED: Publish the Use Cases FPWD on Thursday April 16 2015 as
long as there are no large objections after the reviews of the document.
I expect it to be in the first public working draft.

<manu> ACTION: Manu to clear publication date with W3C Comms team for
Use Cases FPWD. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2015/03/26-wpay-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-82 - Clear publication date with w3c comms
team for use cases fpwd. [on Manu Sporny - due 2015-04-02].
Manu asks DavidE if the chairs will work on the announcement of the FPWD?

DavidE: yes, we will with Ian’s expert help.

<manu> ACTION: DavidE and ErikA and IanJ to work on publication
announcement for Use Cases FPWD. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2015/03/26-wpay-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Error finding 'DavidE'. You can review and register nicknames
at <http://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/track/users>.
<manu> ACTION: dezell and ErikA and IanJ to work on publication
announcement for Use Cases FPWD. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2015/03/26-wpay-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-83 - And erika and ianj to work on publication
announcement for use cases fpwd. [on David Ezell - due 2015-04-02].
<manu> dsr: We have to clear the short name for the document.
Dave: we will need to clear the document short name.

<manu> web-payments-payment-agent is not great
<manu> web-payments-use-cases
<manu> payment-agent
<manu> web-payments-use-cases
<manu> web-payments-roadmap
<dlongley> web-payments-agent ?
<dlongley> +1 to web-payments-use-cases
<manu> Manu: Ok, so sounds like "web-payments-use-cases" is the TR-space
name for the use cases document.
Manu: let’s ask for web-payments-use-cases as short name.

<manu> dsr: I put in a number of use cases in the mailing list.
Manu: we have something like 240 use cases waiting to be reviewed. I
wanted to get the FPWD out rather than delay further.

The proposal is add the biometric use case and defer the others.

<manu> dsr: I think that's fair - still some architectural/technical
questions about NFC, payment terminals, so not a big hurry.
Dave: I can live with that, as FPWD is just the first draft.

-- manu

-- 
Manu Sporny (skype: msporny, twitter: manusporny, G+: +Manu Sporny)
Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: High-Stakes Credentials and Web Login
http://manu.sporny.org/2014/identity-credentials/
Received on Thursday, 26 March 2015 19:49:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:08:33 UTC