RE: Observations on vouchers, coupons and loyalty cards

Dave,

I do not want to stem your enthusiasm or your very broad technical ideas and input – but (you knew that was coming….:-)……

I am thinking that vendors/merchants and financial institutions shall want to brand/skin an open web digital wallet – and offer their ‘vouchers, coupons and loyalty’ offerings maybe most prevalently in their skinned versions.

>From the users perspective, me (in this case), I very much like the idea of having those items (vouchers, coupons and loyalty) easily available for immediate in my digital wallet (just as I would in leather one) to pick and implement in the process of a purchase, without having to exit - additionally – I also want to easily be able to add them to my wallet via a web ad that I might see here or there.

Excuse me if a missed a discussion about reducing the amount of features that we do not want to include as in-scope for any W3C standards related to web payments……..if I did I apologize.

It seems like an attractive, shiny, and very useful type of feature set that will draw the attention of vendors, financers and users……….I also think including it as one possible feature set does not in the least inhibit the myriad of other options you proposed. Having an interoperable way to include this in a W3C digital wallet architecture seems to be a win-win for all. What self-respecting advertiser would want to exclude any way to improve driving sales?

Does the wallet-included approach not allow support for cloud based digital wallets as well?

* katie *

Katie Haritos-Shea
Senior Accessibility SME (WCAG/Section 508/ADA/AODA)