Re: [use_cases] Web Payments Use Cases - Organized by Phases

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 13:05:56 -0500
Cc: Web Payments IG <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>
To: Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL <ryladog@gmail.com>

> On Mar 10, 2015, at 12:36 PM, Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL <ryladog@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ian,
>
> Quick suggestion for the Introduction. While we all know that the Web Platform strives to achieve interoperability (as opposed to proprietary) technologies - I am not sure that many in the financial services sector necessarily do - so I think we should include an implication by adding *interoperable* to one of these two sentences from the opening paragraph:
>
> 1. Since the Web is ubiquitous, strengthening support for *interoperable* payments has the potential to create new opportunities for businesses and customers.
>
> 2. Although we are seeing innovation in payment services, the lack of *interoperable* Web standards makes it more difficult to adapt to new payment approaches or integrate new payment providers.
>
> Thoughts?

The text you are referring to comes from the existing use cases document (I just pasted into my experiment). For the moment I don’t plan to fork the intro from the main document text. Manu, please consider Katie's comment as input to the main document.

Meanwhile: +1 to your proposal.

Ian

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447