Re: [Action-54] Glossary revision

> On Mar 9, 2015, at 6:16 AM, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> wrote:
>

>> On 9 Mar 2015, at 10:47, E.R.Fekkes@rn.rabobank.nl wrote:
>>
>> Hello Ian,
>>
>> Thanks for your feedback.
>> I agree that the Four Phases can be matched well to the Transaction Steps I described in the Utrecht F2F meeting.
>>
>> Privacy aspects which are of concern to me, relate to "use of data according to specific and agreed goals"
>> This is strong in payment processing, where the privacy for data from retail payments (such as POS transactions) is a very sensitive subject.
>> Also, in the first F2F in Santa Clara, WalMart underlined that a retail organization shall have control over what data is processed where (especially for sales related data such as order lines).
>>
>> So, a specific "processor" can offer payment services and / or value added services - but the architecture shall be designed such that these processes are decoupled. That was the main intention of the diagram I suggested.
>
> This last point is why I think we may want to have separate APIs for dealing with payment requests and digital receipts.  The payment API results in the payee receiving a proof of payment. A separate API is used by the payee to pass a digital receipt to the payer’s wallet.
>
> Presumably, this separation should also apply to the handling of vouchers, discount coupons and loyalty cards, since these are the responsibility of the merchant and not the payment instrument.
>
> Ian: have we approached Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Ltd. [1] who operate the “Nectar” loyalty card in the UK with over 19 million UK users?  Aimia are also active in Canada, Italy, the Middle East and Mexico.

I personally have not. If anyone in this group wants to suggest an individual to contact, please write to me and Dave privately.

Meanwhile, I’ve updated the slide deck with notes on privacy considerations:
 http://www.w3.org/2015/Talks/ij-usecases/?full#30

Ian

> It would be interesting to have the operators of such loyalty card schemes in the Web Payments Interest Group, as it is clearly in their interest to drive work on virtualising such cards as society transitions from plastic cards in leather wallets to virtual cards in digital wallets.
>
> [1] http://www.nectar.com/about-nectar/corporate/about-us.points
>
> —
>    Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447