[use_cases] Single Narrative for Web Payments Use Cases

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 22:05:51 -0600
To: Web Payments IG <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>
Hello all,

First, thanks for the feedback on the framework for organizing the use cases [1], which I have updated since our meeting
last week. Many thanks to Manu for beginning the integration into the use cases document [2]. And many thanks to Laurent
for spending a lot of time with me on the phone today.

I would like to introduce another communications tool for discussion (starting with tomorrow’s IG call, then continuing within
the task force):

   Single Narrative for Web Payments Use Cases
   http://www.w3.org/2015/02/wpay-sample.html

The idea here is to take the same framework (of phases and steps) and show how a single common transaction would be
described(at a high level) by the framework. The purpose of this piece would be to give readers a flavor for the phases,
without the complexity of reading multiple unrelated use cases, and without all the details we will need to present (in the
use cases and elsewhere).

I took inspiration from an email from Dave Raggett (but he and I have not yet had an opportunity to discuss this narrative).
Thanks also to Manu for feedback.

The narrative is incomplete; I ran out of time but thought it would be enough to spark discussion.

I also wanted to road test the organizing framework to see whether it will be useful for organizing the use cases. I am optimistic
but I’ve not done that work yet. That’s next (along with more work on the executive summary).

Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2015/Talks/ij-usecases/
[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webpayments/raw-file/default/latest/use-cases/index.html#the-phases-of-a-payment
Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447