New date proposal [Was: Proposal to chat about Payments Architecture WG communications - 11am ET on 3 June]

> On Jun 30, 2015, at 2:44 PM, Zach Koch <zkoch@google.com> wrote:
>
> Hey all -
>
> I'm guessing you mean July 3rd as opposed to June 3rd, Ian? Otherwise we have lots of time to prepare. :)

Yes, I did mean July 3. :)

> I'm unfortunately traveling that day so I won't be able to jump on the call. But I'm available any time the following week. Also, July 3rd is a federal holiday, so I imagine many organizations are closed.

Yes, you make a good point. The following week will not be good for me. So my next proposal is 4 April. Just kidding.

Next proposal: 17 July at noon ET.

Ian

> Thanks,
>
> Zach
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
> Claudia, Arie, Srikanth, Zach, Manu,
>
> I took and action (112) to lead discussion with you about communications around the upcoming Web Payments Architecture Working Group.
> (Other participants in the Interest Group are also welcome to participate in the discussion.)
>
> I propose to start by developing the story that explains:
>
>  * the problem that the charter addresses
>  * what will be different with the standards in place and how different audiences will benefit. I have in mind: users, merchants, payment service
>    providers, banks, mobile operators; we can discuss this list of course.
>  * why this is different from previous work (one answer may be “there are native protocols but not open standards for this”)
>
> I think developing this story will help us in a variety of ways, including:
>
>  * Member review of the charter
>  * Launch communications in September
>
> I propose to meet Friday, 3 June, at 11am ET to start discussion. If that doesn’t work then I will find another time in July.
>
> Please let me know if you can attend a call. Thank you,
>
> Ian
>
> --
> Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>      http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
> Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447