Re: Welcome Doug Schepers to the Web Payments Interest Group!

On 06/29/2015 11:31 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> If our Payment Architecture Working Group charter is approved, Doug
> will be the primary staff contact for the new Working Group. (I will
> remain the primary staff contact for the Interest Group, and also the
> overall W3C Payments Activity Lead.)
>
> Doug is going to start attending our meetings as well. Welcome Doug!

Woo hoo! Welcome Doug! :)

A bit of history for those that are new to this work:

Over 4+ years ago, Doug was the first person at W3C to suggest that we
do the Web Payments work in a Community Group (slightly before Community
Groups were a possibility at W3C) and build momentum through that venue.
Doug is the person that convinced me that W3C was the right place to do
the Web Payments work (which was years before we were able to get W3M
and the membership on board with the idea).

Ian Jacobs, our illustrious W3C staff contact, was one of the key
drivers to get Community Groups started at W3C.

Doug has been a strong supporter of the work we're doing, has been
having a number of discussions with us about identity, credentials,
social implications/gains of Web Payments, as well as checking in every
so often to make sure we were making good progress and providing moral
support when things were looking grim (and there were years there in the
beginning where things looked grim).

So... very excited that we not only have Ian, Wendy, and DSR involved in
the work, but now Doug as well. :)

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/