RE: [External Reviews] X9 TR-4 (digital signatures)

So are you saying that this document has no use for us?

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Anderson [mailto:eanders@pobox.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 6:01 PM
To: public-webpayments-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: [External Reviews] X9 TR-4 (digital signatures)

Digital Signatures and Electronic Signatures are very different.

Digital Signatures are not enforceable in financial services. They require electronic signatures (scans of a signed document).

Digital signatures has not been held up in financial cases as a "authenticity of a signature" and failed for non-repudiation.

Physical signatures and handwriting analysis does. You can steal someones private key but you cant steal their hand writing.

Erik