Re: agenda+ Proposed changes to draft Web Payments Working Group Charter

> On Jul 31, 2015, at 6:16 PM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
>
> On review of <http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/latest/charters/payments-wg-charter.html> it seems that the second of these two sentences attempts to say the same as the first, but less well, and should therefore be deleted:
>
> "The Working Group will standardize a set of messages and a message flow for the initiation, confirmation, and completion of a payment. The scope of the charter is the interaction between payer user agent and payee Web application. “

Thank you David Singer and David Baron.

I have updated the editor’s draft of the charter with that sentence removed:
 http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/latest/charters/payments-wg-charter.html

I note that there is a non-normative phrase at the front of the charter:
   “* the programming interfaces between the various parties (such as between user agent and Web application);”

that may address what the deleted sentence was trying to say, but in a way that is not problematic.

Thank you both for your help in improving the charter. On Monday we can have a brief synopsis of the
changes of the past 2 days and then I hope we will be very nearly ready to announce the charter to the
Membership.

Have a good weekend,

Ian

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447