Re: Multiple Wallets

We do cater for this scenario.
The intention is for the standard to support wallets that may be
aggregators of other wallets.

For every payment initiation request be require a single service to
co-ordinate the discovery of payment instruments (even if this means
discovering them from multiple wallets). For this reason a user must have a
primary wallet and we would prefer this functionality to not be built into
the browser otherwise we make the browser a gatekeeper for the standard.

The proposal today is that the browser is just a proxy for the messages
between the payee and the payer's wallet (we don't talk about a payee
wallet, just a payee payment service provider). The messages from the payee
are proxied by the browser to the primary wallet and this service is
responsible for discovering all of the payer's available payment
instruments in this and any other wallets that the primary wallet is aware
of.

I don't understand your point about client-side wallets being discovered by
the payee.

   1. Wallets are not discovered. Payment instruments are discovered from
   the wallet(s) of the payer.
   2. Whether the wallet is client side (do you mean a native
   application/app on the payer's client?) or server side (do you mean hosted
   on the Web?) they will always be the payer's wallet.
   3. Discovery is a capability of the wallet service. It can easily
   enumerate the payment instruments that have been registered with it but it
   may also call out to other secondary wallet services to discover the
   payment instruments that they hold.

Do you have a use case in mind that would clarify this requirement because
at this point I think we have it covered by the current charter?