Re: The case for registration as a technical specification

On Monday 2015-07-13 15:53 -0700, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> Browser can take on this role if the user hasn't explicitly configured
> another wallet and I'd recommend that the standard makes it mandatory to
> allow users to pick a wallet other than the browser.

That doesn't seem sufficient to cause wallet software to come in to
existence, especially if most (but not all) of the browsers ship
with built-in wallets tied to their own payment services.  If such a
situation with no freestanding wallet products were to happen, what
allows browser makers who don't have payment services to remain
competitive in the browser market?

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,