Re: W3C / Use case / proposal for direct debit and credit transfert

On 07/06/2015 10:43 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> May I (a non-member) comment on 7.6? This sounds like what in Sweden
> is called AutoGiro and is a very interesting use-case.
>
> In some countries you need to sign a (physical) paper in order to
> get such a setup rolling.
>
> To make this usable in the way SEPA was designed for (cross-border),
> I think we need to (in some way) emulate/replicate the paper
> signature.
>
> I would propose something along the following lines: ... My knowledge
> of SEPA payment messages is close to null...I only looked at this
> from a process and authorization point of view.

Waiting for approval from Cyril to make these modifications as I don't
know if you can do what Anders is proposing with SEPA (although, it
makes logical sense that you'd do it in the way that he's proposing).

Also, I don't see anything in here that could be construed as polluting
intellectual property, but I haven't put a great deal of thought into it.

We may want to keep that in mind as Anders (and Joseph) are not W3C
members and thus are not operating under the same patent policy
agreement that the rest of the members in the group are operating under.

The Chairs and W3C Staff Contacts should probably figure out if there
are any issues here.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/