Re: Web Payment Request Spec Proposal

This proposed standard is indeed meant to be very generic. I'd argue that
standards should focus primarily on the interactions between different,
independently controlled systems (e.g. the browser and a merchant
website). Many of the details should be left to the component vendors
themselves.

Browser vendors have an incentive to make the experience as good as
possible (this was heavily inspired by a presentation Zach Koch from the
Chrome team gave). I don't think we need to figure out exactly how this
type of request would be handled by the browser, unless it involves making
calls out to other apps, in which case standards would help increase
interoperability.

--
Evan Schwartz | Software Architect | Ripple Labs
[image: ripple.com] <http://ripple.com>