Re: Executive summary / Group goals

On 02/26/2015 10:47 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 02/26/2015 10:28 AM, Dave Longley wrote:
>>> Enables payers to understand the details of a payment, especially
>>> the associated costs and fees.
>> I think we also want machines to be able to understand the details
>> of the payment. This would allow better automated selection of
>> payment schemes/instruments, more intelligent
>> auto-purchase/negotiation applications, etc.
> This item sort of speaks to that:
>
> "Possibility of delegation to an 'agent' (device, automated process, etc)."
>
> ... but we should probably be more clear about it.

Yeah, I agree it *could* be covered by that point but that we should be
more explicit as some people will read in that feature and others will not.

> Extensibility w/o coordination should also be a design goal. We can't
> standardize the information the pharmaceutical industry needs for
> business to business payments, they should be in charge of figuring out
> how to express that information in an invoice or receipt. We need to
> make sure we provide good extensibility hooks for them.
>
> Maybe we need three new items (or modify the existing items):
>
> * Enable payers to understand the details of a payment, especially the
> associated costs and fees.

If we change this to "Enable payers and 'payment agents'" or something
similar, then we'd better cover the notion of machine-readable data here.

> * Enable machines to fully automate the payment process.

This still doesn't clearly outline that the payment details should be
machine-readable. See above for a possible fix.

> * Provide solid extensibility mechanisms so that industry verticals can
> customize the payment process and information exchanged to meet their
> particular needs.

+1

--
Dave Longley