Re: Verifiable Claims Task Force Summary of Concerns

Hi Manu, everyone

The Wiki page has some inconsistencies: the title says "Verifiable Claims Task Force PROPOSAL” and then it talks about a Working Group "Determine if a W3C Working Group should be created”.

My personal view is that this is not a payment-specific problem (“to do X the web site needs to be able to verify your claim Y”), and I am not sure that it’s a W3C problem.  I also happen to think it’s rather hard (since in effect, you end up having to say “well, Z supports my claim Y” - e.g. my driving license supports my claimed birth-date, and then you have to get organizations Z willing to support individuals’ claims).

> On Nov 20, 2015, at 11:20 , Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
>
> On 11/19/2015 10:38 AM, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>> it seems like having clear (and likely narrow) problem statements
>> will increase the likelihood of generating interest outside the CG.
>> Those will be useful hooks for people to determine whether they
>> think those are problems worth solving.
>
> With your input, I have updated the Verifiable Claims Task Force wiki
> page by:
>
> * Reworking the problem statement text and adding a few key points.
>  This puts the focus for the Monday call around getting
>  buy-in on the problem statement.
> * Moving what could happen after the task force is created to a
>  different page. This helps further focus the call on Monday
>  to goals, problem statement, scope, stakeholders, and success
>  criteria.
>
> https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Main_Page/ProposalsQ42015/VerifiableClaimsTaskForce
>
> -- manu
>
> --
> Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
> blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
> https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.