Re: Multiple Wallets

RE: "Again, it's unclear if this is an intentionally inflammatory remark or
not"

No, it was a genuine question. When you later say "So, while I speak for
myself (as the original author of those definitions) I believe the group
has spoken for not having them in the charter." ... that's sort of
borderline to speaking on behalf of the group to set aside a suggestion at
least for the FAQ put forward as a potential solution for a word that
appears numerous times in the key document and yet lacks, I contend, a
coherent definition in the FAQ. Anyways, I was just asking in good faith.

RE: "When I asked you previously to explain an email of yours that I
couldn't understand you never replied so you can understand why it's hard
for me to see this debate will be constructive:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webpayments-ig/2015Jul/0106.html
i.e. "You'll have to explain the difference then because we are clearly
missing each other."

I did reply, just not in the same thread, and two weeks later. (I've had a
very busy two weeks on an unrelated project.):
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webpayments-ig/2015Aug/0003.html
... that reply being part of the proposed solution to the wallet concept
that you oppose for the FAQ in support of the Charter. Let me add that I
was one of the voices on this list that suggested back a while ago to not
use the term wallet, due to its ambiguity amongst diverse participant. But
wallet stuck, so I simply suggest that the current definition in the
Charter with the FAQ is logically problematic.

RE: "The group made the decision that we have hit diminishing marginal
returns bike-shedding the word "wallet" when the charter and FAQ provide
sufficient detail as stand-alone sources for the WG to begin its work and
understand it's scope."
and
RE [Ian Jacobs]: "Let’s remember that this is a charter not a
specification. My read of the group is that it is not cost-effective at
this moment in time (preparing the charter) to develop a more precise
definition.

That the IG chooses to park the definition of "wallet" makes sense. If
that's the case though, the group might consider removing the current
definition which is flawed. The problem is not that it's imprecise. The
problem is that it expresses the repository part (ref my proposal) for
value exachange instruments, but not the depository part (ref my proposal)
for value itself. And yet many of the references in the Charter and FAQ
correctly require the existence of the the depository part.

It remains a mystery to me why this is not accepted as a simple, very
concise and straightforward improvement to the current text. But let's
leave it at that.

Joseph