Re: What single thing should we deliver?

On 11/25/2014 07:37 AM, Erik Anderson wrote:
> Agreed but push payments is more about back end IETF standards than
> front end Web standards, correct?

Nope, at least, not the type of push payments we've been talking about
in the Web Payments CG. There is quite a bit of work to be done wrt. the
"Web" layer of push payments. How does a push-payment get initiated over
the Web? How is a payment processor notified of a push payment starting?
How is the digital receipt delivered from the payment processor to the
merchant? Things like that are right at the Web layer and is the sort of
stuff W3C excels at standardizing.

> We would have to focus more across various domains to achieve this,
> not just W3C?

We'd have to have more payment processor involvement, but we have most
of the other players on board already.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.