Re: What single thing should we deliver?

Hi Erik, Manu

first on manu's point, it think it is fine to work on a specific item,
and I tend to agree that the push-based payment sounds like the less
crowded area compared to e.g. token-based payments, so surely the easiest.
However, I'm personnally more in favor for now to focus on the big
picture and use-cases at least for the enxt couple of months.
Identifying where the gaps are (either various proprietary solutions
like in token-based payments) or absence of standards (like push-based
payment) would allow to laucnh parrallel work on parrallel pieces,
instead of telling the world that web payment ig==push-based payment. I
tend ot think that we would loose visibility and credibility if we send
the message globally that w3c web payment activity == standardization of
push-based payment for next 12 months.
In all cases, I agree with you that prioritization based on short-win
will have to happen, but again i tend ot think that this should come
after we have a clear roadmap.

Now back to Erik's point, I'm not sure I agree with you. There is a big
difference between interfacing web applications with push based payment
solutions and implementing payments. E.g. paypal model based on e.g.
http redirect is a model of push-based payment: this is all web-based:
you ahve api, data format, authentication, then receipt sent to both
parties. this is what we need to take care imho. How behind their walls
paypal is moving money from one account to another is imho not more part
of the web and out of the scope of this group.
or did i misundertand your point?

cheers
steph

--
Stephane Boyera        stephane@w3.org
W3C                +33 (0) 6 73 84 87 27