From: SULLIVAN, BRYAN L [mailto:bs3131@att.com]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 11:52 AM
To: David Ezell; Manu Sporny
Cc: public-webpayments-ig@w3.org; public-webpayments-comments@w3.org
Subject: RE: Discussion - Payment APIs: others are thinking about this problem space, too

inline

-----Original Message-----
From: David Ezell [mailto:David_E3@VERIFONE.com]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 8:15 AM
To: Manu Sporny
Cc: public-webpayments-ig@w3.org; public-webpayments-comments@w3.org

Hi Manu:
1) WebIDL
     I understand the "handover" issue, but it is an essential work product, and not one that we can or should
     ignore.  I understand the point, but consider the following possibility:
     Based on WPAY work (some WG) that produces a WebIDL interface, Android developers create a Dalvik VM
     Interface (Java Classes) that are >isomorphic< to the WebIDL interface.  Then, any browser port becomes
     trivial, but the semantics of the interface are available for people working in native, hybrid, or pure HTML5
     environments.  I could conjecture similarly about iOS or Tizen or any other platform, but who knows.

2) RESTful WS
     I agree this one is important, but it tends to address only the "off-platform" use cases.

[bryan] David, what do you mean by "off-platform" use cases?

Best regards,
David