Re: Organizational purchases

On 2015-05-23 05:41, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> This is an official response on your issue from an editor of the Web
> Payments use cases document. More below...
>
> On 05/15/2015 10:03 AM, Richard Ishida wrote:
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-web-payments-use-cases-20150416/
>>
>> Most of these transactions seem to relate to personal purchases. Are
>> there any significant differences to take into account when, say, an
>> archery club member purchases items using the club bank account, an
>> employee purchases items using a corporate account, etc?
>
> There is at least one extra consideration - how do you manage joint
> access to an account? How do you do the access control list for the
> account? Standardizing that could help people manage pooled resources.
>
> I've attempted to capture this use case under "Authentication to Access
> Instruments":
>
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/bba472335294a0dee803756c0f7c33dc3b111f10

In the world of physical payment instruments you either manually
share a single card or distribute personal purchasing cards
associated with a common account.  AFAICT, this does not affect
payment systems.

Virtualized payment resources are more difficult to handle because
they are typically associated with a device which makes pooling
less viable.  The most reasonable solution is that a payment
administrator deals with issuance and revocation of virtual cards.
This would still not affect the payment process.

However, real purchasing cards typically come with restrictions
which actually must be honored like goods you may buy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purchasing_card

For invoice payments there are multiple solutions including such
where the authentication is dealt with locally.  It also means that
logging etc. becomes a local responsibility.

Anders