RE: Comments on Use cases 1.0

From: Manu Sporny [mailto:msporny@digitalbazaar.com]
Sent: 23 May 2015 02:48
On 05/21/2015 06:34 AM, Léonie Watson wrote:

Thanks Léonie, further responses inline...

>> Mobile:
>>
> Hmm, "tap to pay" in this case means...
>
> Ah. Ok, I hadn't understood the interaction. The problem remains the
> same though - how does someone who is unable to see the screen know
> how much they're paying? If the amount also appears on the payer's
> device, that's a good solution. If it doesn't/wouldn't, then there
> needs to be some way for that to happen.

The amount appears on the payer's device. The payer's accessibility
technology would kick in at that point and let them know exactly how much
they're paying and provide a preferred interface to continue the payment.

I've updated the language to remove the "tap to pay" terminology and tried
to make it more clear about what's actually going on:

Daniel takes a taxi from the airport to his hotel. The taxi driver displays
the total with his mobile device. Daniel and the taxi driver touch their
mobile devices to each other. The total appears on Daniel's mobile device.

https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/c9905e2289a6c74698ca785355cbe3f
3a4167da9

Looks good. Thanks.

>> If work will be done to identify common design patterns within
>> digital wallet interfaces, it may be worth putting together some
>> guidance on how best to make those things accessible?
>
> Yes, absolutely, and we look forward to working w/ you to put that
> document together. :)
>
> No problem, would be happy to help :) How can we best approach doing
> this?

I think a liaison activity between this group and WAI might be a good first
step. Reviews like the one you did, and Katie continues to do, are very
helpful. Could we add a "Web Payment Accessibility Best Practices"
document to WAI's charter? Or whatever group you think is best?

The timeline for this is probably well into the future - starting
early-to-mid 2016. Thoughts from you? Thoughts from the WPIG group?

Speaking personally, I'm generally in favour of work being done inside
whichever WG/IG is responsible for the deliverable, assuming the relevant
(accessibility) knowledge/experience can be found therein.

With Katie involved, and (I think) Chaals too, it seems there is already a
core of accessibility knowledge within the WPIG. I'm happy to join the IG
too, and work on this doc when the time comes.

> Let us know if these changes have addressed the concerns you had with
> the document.

They do, thanks.

Léonie.

--
Léonie Watson - Senior accessibility engineer
@LeonieWatson @PacielloGroup PacielloGroup.com