Re: Presentation to Web Payments IG

On 2014-10-18 @ 6:40AM ET Joseph Potvin wrote:
>The W3C community should not lose sleep over the continued efforts by Apple to loudly
>distinguish itself from the open standards movement.

Absolutely true. W3C has ample previous experience with such "hopeless" situations, and has often managed to find success.  And within any given organization, there are people who are for and those who are against any kind of standard.  It's a conversation and struggle that will far outlast our working lives.  So just because a group isn't a member, doesn't mean there's not someone important in that group who thinks they should join.

Aggressive networking helps.  Manu (and others) has given us a huge head start in that regard.

Best regards,
David

This electronic message, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or company named above or to which it is addressed. The information contained in this message shall be considered confidential and proprietary, and may include confidential work product. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email immediately.