Re: Problem with PET of sections 7.1.5 and 7.1.6 of OWL test cases

- Fabien Gandon - wrote:

> I have a problem with PET

Umm... I don't think I'm familiar with PET. What is it?

> of sections 7.1.5 and 7.1.6 of OWL test cases:
> In section 7.1.5 for instance the assertion is:
>
> <rdf:RDF
>     xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
>     xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#"
>     xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
>
> xmlns:first="http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/SymmetricProperty/premises001#"
>
> xmlns:second="http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/SymmetricProperty/conclusions001#"
>
> xml:base="http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/SymmetricProperty/premises001" >
>     <rdf:Description rdf:about="premises001#Ghent">
>         <first:path rdf:resource="premises001#Antwerp"/>
>     </rdf:Description>
>     <owl:SymmetricProperty rdf:about="premises001#path"/>
> </rdf:RDF>
>
> besides the fact that the namespace 'second' is not used, you have
> "premises001#" in the IDs and "premises001" in the base therefore  my
> implementation fails on this test because "first:path" is expanded as
> "http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/SymmetricProperty/premises001#path"
> while "rdf:about='premises001#path'" is expanded as
> "http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/SymmetricProperty/premises001#premises001#path".
>
> Any comments ?

They should both expand to
"http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/SymmetricProperty/premises001#path"

The use of rdf:about in OWL comes from lower level specifications: RDF,
XML, URI.
In particular:

[[[

      4.1.1. Syntactic Conformance

An OWL Full document is any RDF/XML document
<http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20030117/>

]]] -- http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-test/#docConformance

The rdf:about attribute is introduced in an example...

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20030123/#example2

and the specifics of how it works are given in other pars of the
document such as...

[[[
Relative URI References are resolved into RDF URI References
<http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-Graph-URIref> according to
the algorithm specified in XML Base
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlbase-20010627/> [XML-BASE]
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20021108/#ref-xml-base>
(and RFC 2396).
]]] --

      5.3 Base URIs

http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20021108/#section-baseURIs

Please let us know if this clarifies the situation to your satisfaction.