Re: [wbs] response to 'Webizen Program interest survey'

It just struck me that the statistics for the very first question will
very likely reach 100% "yes".
>  Should W3C reach out to the broader Web community to create such a
>  program for increased affiliation?
>  ----
>  * (x) Yes
>  * ( ) No

People that do feel a "no" is relevant will most likely not provide
their input to the form.
So do not draw too strong conclusions from the answers to that question.

/olle

On 2014-09-11 10:39, Jean-Charles Verdie via WBS Mailer wrote:
> [...]
>   * [ ] A two-hour welcoming session via conference call to explain how W3C
> works (conducted on a semester basis, in 3 time-slot regions)
>

>> ---------------------------------
>> Should there be tangible benefits to this program (point C)?
>> ----
>> Point C:  Others have argued that people should get tangible benefits
>> with monetary value.
>>
>> Should there be tangible benefits to this program?
>>
>>   [Select all that are appropriate]
>>

>   * (x) Yes
>   * ( ) No
>   * ( ) Not important to me, but not harmful to have such benefits.
>

>> ---------------------------------
>> If you answered yes to Q8, which of the following would be interesting?
>> ----
>> Answering this question is optional.
>> [Select all that are appropriate]
>>

>   * [ ] Annual T-shirt.
>   * [ ] Participation in annual T-shirt design competition.
>   * [ ] Stickers, mug, other 'goodies'.
>   * [x] Discounts of W3C services of interest to individuals; such as W3C
> Validator Suite and certain conference fees.
>

>> ---------------------------------
>> Should there be a mechanism where Webizens are represented at the
>> decision making of W3C (point D)?
>> ----
>>
>> Point D: Still others have argued that this should be more than
>> "affiliation", that people that sign up for this program should get some
>> benefits reserved for Members of W3C.
>>
>> Should there be a mechanism where Webizens are represented at the
>> decision making of W3C?
>>
>   * (x) Yes
>   * ( ) No
>   * ( ) Not important to me, but not harmful to have such benefits.
>

>> ---------------------------------
>> If you answered yes to Q10, would the creation of different Developer
>> Groups under the Webizen banner - to provide AC Charter review be an
>> adequate form of representation?
>> ----
>>
>> Answering this question is optional.
>>
>   * (x) Yes
>   * ( ) No
>

>> ---------------------------------
>> Should we name this program the Webizen program?
>> ----
>> We are having a hard time coming up with a name for the program. So far
>> we are using the term Webizen - which has not been overly popular - but
>> we don't have a better name.
>>
>> Should we name this program the Webizen program?
>>

>   * (x) That's the perfect name.
>   * ( ) Not great, but good enough.
>   * ( ) No, please choose a better name.
> Optional (suggest name):
>

>> ---------------------------------
>> One last thing...
>> ----
>> What are your own perspective on this program and ideas you may have?
>>

> Comments:
>

>> These answers were last modified on 11 September 2014 at 08:37:13 U.T.C.
>> by Jean-Charles Verdie
>>
> Answers to this questionnaire can be set and changed at

Olle Olsson   olleo@sics.se   Tel: +46 8 633 15 19  Fax: +46 8 751 72 30
         [Svenska W3C-kontoret: olleo@w3.org]
SICS [Swedish Institute of Computer Science]
Box 1263
SE - 164 29 Kista
Sweden