Re: Webizen survey launched

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 13:14:50 +0200, Tobie Langel <tobie.langel@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 12:39:50 +0200, Tobie Langel
>> <tobie.langel@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  I'm aware I'm a bit late to the party here, but it would have been very
>>> useful to gather extra data about the survey participants, at least the
>>> following:
>>>
>>> 1) Whether employed or freelance,
>>> 2) size of company they work for, and
>>> 3) country where they live.
>>>

>> A number of people in the task force have made those suggestions
>> already,
>> but we chose to aim for the shortest possible survey, to avoid people
>> being
>> afraid it might take too long.
>

> That's a reasonable goal to achieve, indeed.
>
> Why in that case insist on using WBS for the survey when there a plenty
> of
> more approachable and user-friendly solutions out there (most of which
> are
> free or really cheap)?

I was tasked with choosing the solution. I don't recall that anyone in the
TF had any specific suggestion for solutions.

Constraints I was operating under were: no budget, limited time to invest.
I looked at Survey Monkey but found that it was not free. Therefore I
turned to WBS which I am pretty familiar with.

Coralie

--
  Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org
mailto:coralie@w3.org +336 4322 0001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/