Re: About Webizen wiki stats

On 28/03/2014 15:29 , JC Verdie wrote:
> Pardon me if it’s been mentioned before, but things such as google
> analytics would be helpful for such statistics. I’m pretty sure that
> saying that will raise a public flamewar but there are may be similar
> tools carrying less controversy?

I don't think that it needs to raise a flamewar, but it is likely
incompatible with our privacy policy.

There are other tools, but as far as I know (which is quite likely not
the whole story) they fall in two buckets: those that rely on an
external site and would therefore pose a privacy problem, and those that
you run yourself and would therefore require some systeam time which is
likely better prioritised elsewhere, at least in the short term.

I don't think that finding out the real number matters much. Given the
usual access stats on our wiki (whenever I've noticed them at least) I
think that it shows this page is "popular". I don't believe it really
matters by which order of magnitude.