Re: Pigshell – Unix the Web

On 10/11/14 3:05 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Resources on the web are represented as files in a hierarchical file
> system. These include public web pages as well as your data on
> Facebook, Google drive and Picasa albums. Construct pipelines of
> simple unix-style commands to filter, transform and display your files.
>
> Type "help" for a list of commands. "cat /usr/share/doc/README.html"
> for an introduction. "man <cmd>" to view the man page.
>
> pig:/$  ls
> auth
> bin
> dev
> downloads
> dropbox
> etc
> facebook
> gdrive
> home
> local
> mnt
> picasa
> proc
> pterm
> tmp
> uploads
> usr
>
> http://pigshell.com/v/0.6.2/

In addition:

"Pigshell is inspired by Unix philosophy: Everything is a file. Programs
should do one thing well. Create tools by stringing together a
combination of simpler tools. Like human language, CLIs give us freedom
of expression - we can generate infinite meaningful combinations from a
limited number of words to effectively deal with the combinatorial
explosion of variety thrown up by the modern web environment."

Awesome !!!

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen