Re: What is a WebID?

pá 10. 11. 2023 v 10:16 odesílatel Sebastian Hellmann <
hellmann@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> napsal:

> Hi all,
>
> Then to define a subspec (webid-json(-ld)) that can be liberated of the
> the requirement for tutle - even if some other subspec like webid-rdf
> requires conneg & at least tutle, say in SOLID)
>

> What's wrong with establishing the following:
>
> 1. WebID -- an identifier for unambiguously naming an Agent
>
> 2. WebID-Profile Document -- a document that describes an Agent named
> using a WebID
>
> 3. WebID-TLS -- an authentication protocol for verifying credentials
> expressed in an WebID-Profile Document
>
> 4. WebID-OpenIDConnect+OAuth -- an authentication protocol for verifying
> credentials expressed in an WebID-Profile Document
>
> That then gels nicely with Solid where the following are loosely coupled:
>
> 1. Identity -- via an identifier, in the form of a WebID that
> unambiguously names an Agent.
>
> 2. Identification -- via a credentials expressed in profile document that
> coalesce around a WebID via an entity relationship graph.
>
> 3. Authentication -- verification of credentials in a profile document
> that coalesce around a WebID.
>
> 4. Authorization -- access controls tested against a verified WebID
>

> I think, we can and should do much more. The main point here is that
> mixing '#' and '/' results in much "cooler" URIs. We are already using that
> in the Databus: curl -H "Accept: application/ld+json"
> "https://databus.dbpedia.org/dbpedia/generic/infobox-properties/2022.03.01/"
> <https://databus.dbpedia.org/dbpedia/generic/infobox-properties/2022.03.01/>
> for dcat:distribution:
>
> "distribution": [
>
> "https://databus.dbpedia.org/dbpedia/generic/infobox-properties/2022.03.01#infobox-properties_lang=cs.ttl.bzip2"
> <https://databus.dbpedia.org/dbpedia/generic/infobox-properties/2022.03.01#infobox-properties_lang=cs.ttl.bzip2>
> ,
>
> basically re-routing LD requests to the databus:Version=dcat:Dataset to
> get a nice & useful graph without additional requests.
>
> I was thinking that 'curl -H "Accept: application/ld+json"
> https://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2023/11/02/new-study-validates-the-business-value-and-opportunity-of-ai/'
> could also return 200 with content-type application/json+ld as a service to
> de-wrap the structured data islands. I would see this as a seamless
> mechanisms to allow coexistence of RDF and HTML and all other
> representations.

Could develop out something like getj (which is just a proof of concept):

https://github.com/spux/getj#readme

Demo

http://spux.org/getj/test.html

There is need of a consistent documentation in this area, clear parsing
instructions, what to do with id= in a script tag, possibly how to
reference JSON(-LD) from a script tag.

Unsure if this is taking on too much for the group right now, as we are
thinly spread.  But it will be needed one day after WebID-JSON-LD