Re: WebID-JSON-LD Spec

On Thu, 9 Nov 2023, 01:26 Kingsley Idehen, <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 11/8/23 2:00 PM, Nathan Rixham wrote:
>
> On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 6:50 PM Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
> wrote:
>
>> A WebID is an HTTP URI that *unambiguously* names an Agent.
>>
> +1, good add.
>
>> A WebID is loosely bound to a variety of profile document types
>> associated with what can be seen as WebID Profile Document Type
>> specifications.
>>
> Adding that as a MUST instead of a MAY by defining that aspect dooms
> webid, as implementers then need to connect + rdf + whatever else is
> entailed. It's either a simple to implement concept or not.
>
> A WebID resolves to a WebID Profile Document.
>>
> Is WebID Profile Document inor out of scope here?
>
> If out of scope we're golden, if in scope.. maybe just defer to the SOLID
> group and abandon.
>

> It would be out of scope for defining and establishing what a WebID is.
> Unfortunately, it keeps on showing up under new monikers. The latest is
> this notion of WebID-{some-spec} where {some-spec} is just a Profile
> Document Type :)

Aye! Perhaps an issue is how do you define `<x> an <Agent>` without a
representation, or stuffing it all in headers which then also later need
more data for keys etc added as the webid is naturally utilized in web/net
data flows? Serious question, one seems to entail, or at least infer, the
other - that is that to determine a uri is a webid needs a statement of
some form to define it as such