Re: Should we complete the WebID spec?

so 4. 11. 2023 v 0:50 odesílatel Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> napsal:

> Quoting Melvin Carvalho (2023-11-03 22:01:13)
> > pá 3. 11. 2023 v 21:03 odesílatel Kingsley Idehen <
> kidehen@openlinksw.com>
> > napsal:

> reason

> Then call it urn:melvinid:kidehen
>
> Because...
>
> > > I am only making one fundamental point.
> > >
> > > A WebID is an HTTP based URI that names an Agent.  Attempting to change
> > > that doesn't help the cause in anyway.
>
> ...and calling it urn:webid:kidehen would introduce a new "webid" which
> is *not* "an HTTP based URI" but an URN based URI...
>
> > Not attempting to change that.
>
> ...and you don't want to do change that current core principle of WebID.
>
> What you *might* want to do in you solid-lite implementation is to use
> some library that requires an urn as input, and *internally* in your
> code - i.e. *without* involving any mention in solid-lite spec - do a
> transformation of a WebID to a custom URN - e.g. s/^/urn:melvinid/

It's just urn and a namespace within the urn system.  It could be called
anything.  Entirely orthogonal to the WebID spec.

I certainly would bring it to the group, as a work item, but with more
explanation.  I've noted the pushback and deprioritized it in any case.

It's a matter for the IETF, not the W3C, in any case.