Contd: Should we complete the WebID spec?

On 11/3/23 1:04 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> On 11/3/23 10:27 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
>     It's for pluggable auth systems.  Currently webid employs WebID-TLS.
>
> You are speaking about WebID-TLS, a protocol rather than WebID the
> identifier.
>
> Whatever-TLS has nothing to do with a WebID or NetID or any other
> agent identifier scheme, especially if loose-coupling is the
> fundamental goal.
>
> Authentication protocols MUST be loosely-coupled with Identifiers and
> the profile documents used to hold credentials.
>
> For instance, solid already has this loose-coupling which is actually
> quite easy to demonstrate using the existing solid-auth library.
> Basically, I can authenticate via that library using protocols such as
> OpenID Connect which offers loose-coupling with OAuth etc..

Here’s a structured data island snippet from a Microsoft blog post
<https://devblogs.microsoft.com/semantic-kernel/> I just stumbled upon.

|{ "@type": "Person", "@id":
"https://devblogs.microsoft.com/semantic-kernel/#/schema/person/5e0c53e0d7c106911583b8455530f366",
"name": "John Maeda", "image": { "@type": "ImageObject", "inLanguage":
"en-US", "@id":
"https://devblogs.microsoft.com/semantic-kernel/#/schema/person/image/",
"url":
"https://devblogs.microsoft.com/semantic-kernel/wp-content/uploads/sites/78/2023/02/John-Maeda-96x96.jpg",
"contentUrl":
"https://devblogs.microsoft.com/semantic-kernel/wp-content/uploads/sites/78/2023/02/John-Maeda-96x96.jpg",
"caption": "John Maeda" }, "description": "American technologist and
product experience leader. Currently VP of design and artificial
intelligence at Microsoft. Author of five books including a gentle intro
to AI/ML \"How to Speak Machine (Penguin)\" and the \"Laws of Simplicity
(MIT Press).\" Represented in the permanent collections of the Museum of
Modern Art, NYC and the Cartier Foundation, Paris.", "sameAs": [
"https://twitter.com/https://twitter.com/semantic_kernel" ], "jobTitle":
"VP Design & AI", "url":
"https://devblogs.microsoft.com/semantic-kernel/author/johnmaeda/" } |

​