Re: Consider adopting WebID 1.0 ED as a Deliverable [solid-wg-charter]

On Fri, 16 Jun 2023, 11:40 Jacopo Scazzosi, <jacopo@scazzosi.com> wrote:

> > The WebID project is predominantly finalized but could benefit from some
> modest updates and alignment with Solid. This would involve:
>
> -1 from me. I personally disagree as to the degree of WebID’s finalization
> and I don’t think we would be able to build enough consensus within the
> allowed timeframe to properly address serialization and adjacent issues
> (ConNeg, …). I would leave doing so to the Solid WG, aware that I might
> disagree with the outcome.

Naïve response: is it possible to come to a consensus on interoperability
without several widely deployed and utilized systems which need to interop
and standardize base level requirements between them?

At this point I can't tell if there are several projects which have one or
more media types in common where they can pick one or more, or if it's just
postulating as to which may the most widely adopted in the future, or
simply trying not to rule out anything which may be utilized.

If it's still in invent a specification which stands the most chance of
being widely adopted stage, then it would make sense to "must" the simplest
thing possible, and may anything else, such that there's a single base
which must be conformed to in order to qualify as being an implementation.

Or, hand to solid so that solid can be spec based, and any project that
wants to interop with solid just uses said finalized spec(s).