Re: webid serializations consensus 2023

st 5. 7. 2023 v 13:45 odesílatel Jacopo Scazzosi <jacopo@scazzosi.com>
napsal:

> @Melvin: Insofar as I understand, JSON-LD parsing (at the RDF level) does
> require a computationally expensive (comparatively) algorithm and depends
> on the ability to fetch external contexts. How does JSON 1.1 help with the
> following?
>
> > - simplicity, also in terms of the computational cost of parsing /
> serializing
> > - self-containment, not having to retrieve other documents for the sole
> purpose of parsing
>
> I’m not asking to be confrontational, I genuinely was not expecting this
> answer.

You can simplify the output, for example, with the draft context made by
Aaron

https://w3id.org/webid

All that would be needed is an example or two

> > There's near unanimous agreement in our group on JSON-LD. Our goal
> should be to incorporate it into the spec, avoiding prolonged delays, which
> has been a common occurrence for the past decade.
>
> I’m not as confident on its near unanimity but if we all agree on letting
> the Solid WG take over, which I think would be sensible, it looks like this
> will happen. I support the takeover, whether I agree or not with the
> potential outcomes.

The Solid WG still has to be accepted by the W3C membership, and that wont
happen until around october.  So we still have 3 months to do a handover,
if the group decides to go that route.

A decent amount of time in the group was spent agreeing on JSON-LD and it
would be good to reflect that effort